Sunday 1 July 2012

TASSEL POETRY

A few years ago I started work on a tassel making book with photographer Katherine Fawssett, which unfortunately had to be shelved due to my workload. I always loved the pictures Katherine took of my tassels made from anything and everything, and when we were discussing the layout we found we had a blank space that needed filling. I flippantly declared I should write  some poems inspired by the tassels and materials, which for some reason Katherine thought was a brilliant idea. She suggested that they should also be inspired by the Victorian nonsense verse found in Edward Lear's work and The Jabberwocky by Lewis Carroll.
So here we are- three lovely images taken by Katherine and three poems of utter nonsense.

THE FANTASTIC ELASTIC TASSEL




THE FUNNEL OF LOVE TASSEL



THE SUNDAY TWINE TASSEL







No comments:

Post a Comment